Because I wasn't very happy with my first attempt at a zip closure on a cushion, I gave it another go last night. But this time I used an invisible zip.
I often find myself buying invisible zips. The fact that they don't actually have the words 'invisible zip' printed anywhere on them, means that I buy one, take it home, put it in my zip box and then take it out later, wonder if it's an invisible zip, not want to risk it and go out and buy another one, just to make sure. The irony is, as many zips as I've bought (and I'm currently only actually sure about two of the zips in my box), before last night I'd never actually used a single invisible zip.
Once I'd correctly identified my invisible zipper foot (!) I was surprised to find that inserting this type of zip is much easier than a normal one, and the finish is infinitely better.
It took me under an hour to finish both of these cushions and I really love the finish with the invisible zip. This is the way forward as far as I'm concerned.
As long as I can work out how to identify an invisible zip!
It feels like we've done nothing but fight illnesses around here for the last month. After all three of us girls getting flu last month, we've also had tummy bugs, infected fingers, ear aches and colds. And now Bella is on antibiotics for an infected thumb and I'm back on antibiotics for a chest infection and spent today at the hospital having a chest x ray so that the dr's can rule out pneumonia.
I'm hoping that with the end of February and the start of Spring, that all these bugs will disappear and we can get back to feeling better and stronger.