Things have not been great around here lately. I'm not sure where I'm going to be soon and I'm not sure how much I really want to talk about it here. So I'm just going to apologise to everyone that has been kind enough to comment or email me recently. I promise that I will reply to all of you but until I do, please know that reading your comments has been a great help in the last week or so. Thank you!
On a completely different note - today is my 36 birthday. Yup, closer to 40 than to 30! Eeek. So here's my attempt at 36 things about me that you may or may not know.
1. My real name is Manda. It's not short for Amanda and is most definately never Mandy.
2. I lived in Hong Kong (the best place ever!!!) during my teenage years.
3. I have 2 older brothers.
4. I've had 3 miscarriages.
5. I've been married twice.
6. I worked for Circus Oz when I was in my twenties.
7. My first husband introduced me to my second husband (whilst I was still married to him).
8. I used to have a grade one skinhead.
9. I used to have a pink mohican.
10. I have a daughter.
11. I kissed John Cusack (on the cheek).
12. I've met Ewan McGregor a couple of times.
13. I lived in London (Woolwich) between the ages 8 and 10.
14. I've been to twelve different schools.
15. I had an imaginary friend called Shane when I was growing up.
16. I called my pet dog Harrison (after Harrison Ford) even though she was a girl.
17. I had another dog called Dougal McFlugal.
18. I held Dougal whilst he was put to sleep - and it was one of the hardest things I've ever done.
19. I had Bella 6 weeks prematurely.
20. I was in labour for 26 hours and pushed for 4 hours.
21. I used to be a Banker.
22. I ran my own business in my twenties.
23. I bought my first property when I was 24.
24. I got married when I was 25.
25. I was divorced by the time I was 30 and remarried at 31.
26. I love to read crime novels.
27. I hated my childhoood.
28. I moved to Edinburgh by myself when I was 21 even though I had never even visited it before.
29. I had a cat called Oskar.
30. I used to have a pierced nipple (breast feeding put an end to that!).
31. My nose used to be pierced but the stud fell out in the night and by morning the hole was closed.
32. You can get from me to Kevin Bacon in six moves.
33. I can't drive a car.
34. Having Bella was absolutely the best thing I've ever done
35. I have an autoimmune disease.
36. I. Do. Not. Feel. 36!!!
(oh and I just got all my hair cut off!).